- Using the "Toy Train" Caboose mount.
- Deathwing cannot use "Bellowing Roar" while in the air or while his abilities are on cool down from landing
- Picking "Ultimate Evolution" on Abathur when Qhira is on your team.
- Picking "Stuck in a Loop" on Chromie while Temporal loop is counting down on a hero.
- Deliberately blocking bosses and NPC objectives from advancing properly in lanes using Hogger's "Loot Hoard" and "Hoardapult"
- Causing Hanzo's "Storm Bow" to instantly reach maximum range
- Entering vehicles as Tracer with the Is That a Health Pack?! talent
- E.T.C. casting Bolt of the Storm while channeling Mosh Pit
- Exploiting Orphea's (Q) Shadow Waltz ability to always hit its target
- Rehar - Rising Storm
- Deathwing - Gaze Onto Destruction
If a banned talent is picked and noticed before 5 minutes after the start of the game and before the first fort or keep has fallen, then a restart is required under the technical difficulties rule listed below.
If a banned talent is picked mid game, you may continue the game as long as the talent does not give a passive benefit, and the ability linked to the talent is not used for the rest of the game.
If the talent does give a passive benefit, the team that picked the banned talent will lose the map (not the series).
In situations where a banned hero is accidentally picked in draft, the draft must be stopped, and remade up to the point where the banned hero was picked.
All banned talent/hero/bug breaches must be reported within 7 days of the game being played.
- Maraudin' Muradin and all its variants:
- Raider, Dominion, Umojan
- Striker Li-Ming and all its variants:
- Canary, Champion, RCHS, Scarlet, Sapphire
- Mecha Tyrael and all its variants:
- Perfect, Strike, Deathreaper
- Cuddle Bear Stitches and all its variants:
- Honey, Snuggle
- Techno Chromie and all its variants:
- Vandal, Jade, Amber
- Arthas Bat Form
- Kerrigan Bat Transformation
- Invisible Horse
You can find an image gallery of all base versions of the prohibited skins and mounts here.
- Anyone competing in Heroes Lounge is required to be registered on our website. For seeding purposes, all participants must have their Heroes Profile account set to public in order to compete; This includes subs.
- You are allowed to sign up as an individual (free agent), a partial team, or a full team. Partial teams will be filled with free agents after the deadline.
Note: A team must consist of at least 5, but no more than 9 players.
- Every team competing in Heroes Lounge is responsible to have an active captain with the 'captain' discord role to relay important information to the rest of the team.
- A player is not allowed to participate in more than one team per league, event or season.
Failure to follow these rules may result in either an official warning, loss of match or removal from Heroes Lounge.
Please note that all decisions on rule breaches are subject to moderator ruling. The moderators decision is final.
Meta Madness Ruling
- Each Hero picked is not allowed to be picked for the rest of the Series.
- Ten Heroes are banned globally banned for every game, those Heroes are: Anduin, Blaze, Brightwing, Chromie, Dehaka, Hanzo, Hogger, Johanna, Sylvanas and Valla.
- Ten more Heroes are getting banned for the entire series by the teams before the first game starts in the following order. The Team with Map pick is called team A here and the other one Team B:
- 1. Team A bans one hero
- 2. Team B bans two heroes
- 3. Team A bans two heroes
- 4. Team B bans two heroes
- 5. Team A bans two heroes
- 6. Team B bans one hero
- For the Case of a unallowed Hero being picked the draft should be remade the same way until the pick phase where the unallowed hero was picked (including the other pick the case of a double pick).
Note: It is suggested to use a spreadsheet (click here for example) to keep track of the banned heroes
Delay of Map
- Each team has a 10 minute time pool per map for delays.
Note: This time pool can be used in case a team is late for showing up, has any technical issues or is trying to find a substitute player.Once a game has started, pauses are allowed for technical issues only. Pauses for any other reasons will be subject to a potential game forfeit.
- The 10 minute time pool only starts once a captain (or player acting as captain) has stated they are starting the timer in the relevant match lounge. This will start the timer from the time the message was posted.
- After a team’s timepool has expired, the opposing team gets the win by default for that map, unless the opposing team’s captain allows an extension of the timepool or wishes to reschedule.
- After the map starts, a restart will be allowed for technical difficulties before the 5 minute mark, or before the first structure (fort or keep) falls. Whichever comes first. After this point, the team with the technical difficulties must decide to either forfeit the map or continue the map (with a bot in the case of a disconnect). The 10 minute time pool per map can be used to fix technical difficulties.
- Directly after a map ends, teams are allowed to have a break of a maximum of 5 minutes to sort out anything they have to before starting the next draft. After these 5 minutes, the 10 minute time pool per map for delays rule is in effect.
- Signups close: 8th of August 12:00 CEST
- Start of group Stage: 8th of August 18:00 CEST
- Last day of group Stage: 15th of September
- Finals: 17th September
- 15:00 CEST First Group C VS First Group D
- 18:00 CEST First Group A VS First Group B
- The specific date and time of each match must be organised amongst the appropriate teams. The scheduling of a match must take place in the week it was given. A match must be played and reported to the website within two weeks.
- Once a date is agreed on, it must be submitted to the tournament calendar in your local time. It is both captains’ responsibility to make sure that the time is correctly submitted..
- At least 3 out of 5 people from the core roster must be playing during a match. If a team is unable to field their roster (including substitute players) on time, the ruling “Delay of Map” will apply.
- Group A and B do not have any MMR restrictions for Subs. The Subs for Group C and D can be denied if their MMR is above 2883.
- A substitute player must be both
- Announced to the opponent captain with a link to their HeroesLounge page before the match starts.
- Reported to the moderation team with a link to their HeroesLounge page before the match starts.
Failure to report a sub to either the moderation team or the opponent captain may lead to potential punishments.
If a last minute sub is needed, a link to the sub’s Heroes Profile page can be used for the reports instead. In this case, the sub has to be registered as a user on the HeroesLounge website after the match, and a link to their HeroesLounge profile has to be provided to the moderation team no later than 24 hours after the match.
Note: An individual can only be used as a substitute a maximum of 3 times for one team.
Observing and Casting
- Teams must allow assigned Lounge casters as observers to their matches. The casters may not be a part of either team (sister teams are allowed). You can find the assigned casters on the calendar. Casters not on the calendar are not allowed to join the game.
- If teams have an issue with the assigned caster(s) the issue needs to be discussed with the relevant stream manager before the match starts.
- Heroes Lounge appointed admins must also be allowed if required.
- POV streams are allowed. The POV stream cannot be denied.
- Any other observers (such as coaches) are not allowed during matches.
The map pool for the tournament, subject to change, is as follows:
Battlefield of Eternity
Garden of Terror
Tomb of the Spider Queen
Towers of Doom
- Starting side is based upon the order in the match listing on the website. The first team will be on the blue side, the second team will be on the red side.
- The draft will start with the map draft. When available, use the command "!match" in the appropriate match_lounge channel which will assign your team map pick or first pick. The team with map pick is regarded as Team A. Team B will go second.
- Map Draft Begins: Each team will ban 2 maps in the alternating order starting with the team with map pick, Team A. For example:
Either captain uses the command !match in a match_lounge channel.
The Teams ban the heroes for more detail see Meta Madness Ruling
Team A bans a map
Team B bans a map
Team A bans a map
Team B bans a map
Team A Picks a map
- Map drafts and all match related communication must be done in the relevant match lounge
- The team that chose the map goes second in the hero draft.
- The hero draft must be performed using the triple ban in-game tournament draft.
- The losing team of each subsequent map in the match will be able to choose either to pick the next map, or to go first in the hero draft. This decision must be written down in the appropriate match_lounge channel.
- New heroes added to the game are banned for two weeks after release, and cannot be drafted mid-way into a round.
- After each match, the score must be reported by one of the team members of either team. This is done by uploading the replays of the maps played.
- Failure to report the score before the matchmaking runs one hour after the second Sunday midnight after the match was given out will result in both teams being flagged as inactive. It is both teams responsibility to make sure to report the score. Contact a moderator to make your team active again.
Note: Please make sure you submit your results before 23.55PM CET/CEST if you’re playing in EU or 23.55 PDT/PST if you’re playing in NA to prevent possible issues with the website.
- If there are any disputes over the score, contact a moderator.
Code of Conduct
- Displaying unsportsmanlike conduct will result in actions taken against teams or individuals. Unsportsmanlike conduct includes, but is not limited to, verbally assaulting anyone involved in the match, general toxicity, or the using of fake accounts. B-steps and sprays are allowed; however, excessive use will be deemed as unsportsmanlike behaviour.
- It is strictly forbidden to use a smurf account, or any other account than the one you have signed up with in Heroes Lounge.
- In the case that your account is suspended, you are not allowed to use another account to play your matches. If your account has been permanently banned, you will be allowed to register another account to your Heroes Lounge profile after a 4-week period from the date of the ban.
- Heroes Lounge reserves the right to remove teams and players who exhibit unsportsmanlike conduct.
- Moderators of Heroes Lounge has the right to decide if an account is a smurf or eligible to play at their own discretion.
- All chat in the match lounge and ingame lobby must be English-only, unless otherwise decided upon by both teams. Heroes Lounge moderators retain the ability to override this exception.